Wednesday, March 30, 2011

again?!?!

THE one perk to this is that they just LAY LOW and are catchable, EASY and such....

Over the weekend Isaac had a terrible sore throat, bad enough that it prompted an after hours visit Sunday afternoon.. No strep but a fever(I was surprised, he didn't have his trademark flushed cheeks) So no school for him on Monday.

Today Norah woke up and I took 1 look at her, crap!!! T:101.8 crap!! I am starting to wonder when and if the Doctor's office checks for mono in little kiddo's....

Really since her last 24ish hour fever she's been paler still, not her normal active self, appetite VERY off, complaints of aches in legs/arms/feet/head and off and on stomach aches that don't resolve after a trip to the bathroom......

Yesterday for example she said she felt fine, ate like a bird(NOT NORMAL FOR ANY OF MY KIDS) They all eat like grown men...

Then at pickup yesterday she told me that while at school she had a stomach ache again.
Now this afternoon she tells me that she doesn't want to talk much because her mouth hurts, so I look and it's not a blister inside but she tells me she didn't bite her cheek either AND it appears to be starting on the other side, also the back of her tongue has HUGE bumps on it..........

THESE are the things that make me go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

3 comments:

Amy said...

I don't know how many dr.'s visits you've endured already in the last weeks, but those bumps seem suspicious. I hope she gets well soon!

K J and the kids said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!
PLEASE don't get hand foot and mouth. PLEASE. I know that some kids get it and it's a breeze. Just like any other cold/flu. But OMG it can be ugly.
If you need help with the special mixture to have her swish in her mouth to help with the blisters....let me know. :)

Janet's page said...

So I've checked all kids mouths in my house and they all have these bumps on the back of their tongues, her's are just much bigger is all..
The one on her cheek is all but gone(I think) and she's not complaining of any mouth pain today...
Of course the Dr.'s office calls while eating dinner and I wont look at my phone let alone talk during dinner and then I went straight to church for youth group....sigh.......
K, how dare you think it let alone type it!!! Dang girl, I saw your poor babies with that!!!!!