Saturday, August 13, 2011

Norah, Norah, Norah...................sigh............

So this past Tuesday Norah did something I didn't expect to see/think about/try to process/discipline... This child, after once again refusing to empty the dishwasher and starting to pit the tantrum I didn't feel like dealing with said she was going to go to her room "to rest" which usually means to sleep until we wake her up.
Keep in mind that Isaac was reading to me while I was getting ready for work and Ari was...............doing something.... Once Isaac finished and went to put his book away he says "Hey, where is everybody" I say with a smile in my voice, everybody is right here buddy, me, you, Ari, and Norah is in her bed....
He say's "no she's not".....
I think, what, I didn't see her go past me.......
Well then where is she??
Ummmm mom........... She's in the garage getting on her bike.
WHAT?!!!! How did she get there, (light bulb) Oh no she didn't!! Oh yes she did. My 6yr old daughter climbed out her window and if not for the locked gate across the driveway she could have been gone for a ride!!!!!

I am OPEN TO any and all suggestions as to WTHeck and Why???




!!! My biggest challenge if you will is that she was not sent to her room as a punishment but wanted to go to her room.....

2 comments:

K J and the kids said...

Smarty pants.
I'm not so much worried for you about his "incident" more for the ones in the future....say in about 4 years. :)
I'd be for putting an alarm system and barbed wire on that there door ! Or at least, I've thought about doing the same thing at our house.

Amy said...

My own experience is that some kids just have moments where they want to push the envelope. I have super low tolerance for sneaking off in my house. Mostly because it scares me so bad that they would be gone and I wouldn't even know it, but also because it's dishonest. I've had a child, at 6 years old actually, continually try and sneak off on his bike. So I put the bike away for 3 days every time he did it. It took a while, because he's stubborn, but he finally accepted the fact that I am not ok with him leaving whenever he wants! Good luck. It's always so hard when they do something new, it throws you for a loop because you aren't expecting it.