Thursday, May 5, 2011

Here fishy fishy

It seems as though my world is upside down in the "me time" dept. It can be exhausting being a servant :)
Lets see, a recap of sorts:
This past Monday I went for my usual walk with my new and dearest friend Sarah, we walk at Cornerstone on their campus path.. This past week as we're going by the big pond I see goldfish/koi, whatever you want to call them, they are all carp...

I don't think anything of it but she calls me over to see, apparently they are like the Salmon when they do the Salmon run, these fish are swimming up stream fighting to get up to and in the pond thru this (for lack of a better word) pipe.

See Sarah works at this college and in the past took great pleasure in watching them "do their thing" only problem is that now no one cleans up the pond and stream each spring so all the dead vegetation has backed up into this pipe and there is no way thru.

** At this point I say, why couldn't you just let us pass by this, now I know and wont sleep as I think of how to save these living creatures from certain death!! Dangit**

See these fish are going to die of exhaustion trying to get thru an impossible pipe or the ones much farther down stream will die once the water recedes enough into the ground....

Tues. morning bright and early, I meet her there with 2 kids and she has a dog (no dogs on campus)that she's watching for a friend. We put the dog in a stroller and hide him with blankets and then take 2 kids and buckets and nets and off we go...

2hrs later and covered in mud(to my knees and Sarah to mid thigh) we have saved more than 20 of the buggers :-)
**I left feeling really good and feeding the remaining fish a good sinking pellet food**

Our plan is to go back tomorrow to see if we can get the rest. We ended up with fish that were "on to us" and as soon as we would step in the stream they were gone....

Tonight at school is Talent Show tryouts and Isaac has decided to tryout. I was so surprised and excited and happy when he told me he had signed up for this... I asked what he was going to do and he said "why play my guitar of course"!! Tryouts for him are tonight at 4:55 and apparently they will let you know on Monday with a sheet posted somewhere in school.. I am so very excited that he WANTS to do this, it is so far removed from how I or Chrs were at his age. I love seeing how our kids are turning out so very different than us, maybe both parents in the home does make a positive difference in more ways than the obvious... I just hope he makes it!

Enjoy your day folks :-)

No comments: