Thursday, August 20, 2009

I am just so incredibly irritated at the moment..... Very irritated!!! You see last Feb. I went up to the pre-school where my oldest went and put my daughter's name down(first on the list, i didn't want to repeat the experience with the next child of procrastinating to long) and then in early May I went and filled out all the correct paperwork and boy was there a lot of it....

I was told that we were all set and that we would get a letter in the mail probably in August as to the open house date to go visit again and bring dad along and find out if we got am or pm (we so totally got am).......

Well yesterday i realized i didn't receive a letter yet and that worried me.I spent the last 2wks checking out different school choices for my oldest because of the possibility of his school not being able to open this fall due to financial concerns....

So first thing this morning( I mean 9am SHARP) I call up the the pre-school................. O well that's on hold, you should have gotten a letter from the state. They are waiting until Sept. 30 to decide if they will re open certain schools for pre-k.

WHAT THE HECK!?!?!?!

Why didn't the teacher/school send anything out. esp. since i have kept in contact with the teacher for the past 3yrs. even got her a kitten and see her from time to time at the vet... I mean we like Mrs. Pam and wanted our second child to have her....

The receptionist tells me O and Mrs. Pam has taken a Kindergarten position somewhere else because of the budget challenges.......

Well Shit!!!

2.5 wks till school starts and I'm back to square one and looking into having to pay for another kid to go to school..........

Soooooooo regardless of my proactive approach to pre-k for Norah I'm back into the same place i was with Isaac all those years ago, looking like a procrastinator with limited options............

2 comments:

K J and the kids said...

That does SUCK ! I'm sorry.
Don't you guys have options in your neighborhood. A local person who teaches out of their home.
Although this late in the game they might be full too.
Sydney took from local people and they did just as good of job as most of these expensive places.
Just a thought.
Good luck

Janet's page said...

Thanks for that. and it would appear that i will be a homeschooling mom this year for her, no matter what we can't swing it!!
nevermind that we just bought "slippers" croc's with the fuzzy inside for when winter boots come out for at school and the first day of school dress and backpack and not needed but cute pencil holder for her (thanks again grandma)