Friday, July 22, 2011

Raspberry Jam.......bla

Raspberry jam is a very close second to Cherry in our family..

I am not sure what happened so different from the rest (except that I used a different recipe for each fruit and this one didn't call for cooking the fruit)but the raspberry jam didn't "set" and it's much to sweet. I feel like it's a waste of expensive fruit but am trying really hard to not let that get the best of me.
I know we will eat it regardless but still, the Blueberry and Cherry turned out AWESOME and we will enjoy them for months to come just wish the "expensive" fruit would have turned out also.
It's not easy making mostly seedless jam........


This is the juice from all of them... Had enough left over to make "raspberry syrup" for our breakfast for dinner that night(YUMMMMM)

Norah said the seeds looked like ground beef (not so yummmm)

AND our waste of jam that taste's like raspberry flavored sugar.....sigh....

2 comments:

K J and the kids said...

I wonder if you could use it as syrup on pancakes. Heat it up and drizzle. Might be yummy.
Sorry that it didn't turn out as good as the others.

Amy said...

I'm so glad you mentioned the email. I did get it and then I sent a message to a Janet in your neck of the woods asking if I had the right one. I must not of. So when I didn't hear back I thought maybe you changed your mind! What's your maiden name? Maybe that will help me find you?