Saturday, October 29, 2011

THE Harvest Partay's!

Along with making the "bones" for the kid's to pass out, I volunteered to help in Isaac's room and bring the apples and dip for Norah's.

I didn't want any old dip(not my style)Instead I made this really awesome(full of healthy stuff) peanut butter dip....

THEN I started thinking about how little people tend to have nasty dirty hands and...................................



The dip is peanut butter, vanilla flavored Greek yogurt, a little honey and cinnamon... MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

OH OH OH I didn't want to cut all those apples last minute and didn't want them to brown so I tried cutting them and then "soaking" them (for a long time) in Pineapple Orange juice(that's what I had on hand)
That picture was taken 2hrs AFTER I cut them :) and this morning the 1 remaining apple stick showed just a hint of browning......... SO EXCITED BY THIS........




Little Bro getting in on the action.............

We got to meet Veda(sp?) who happens to be 6ish weeks old and look who couldn't stay away and had to show her his "apple tree hand".........

1 comment:

K J and the kids said...

Great looking tray lady.
We can't do homemade stuff here. They won't allow it. How great that you still can.

Nice hint on the browning too. I'll just have to try that one.
I hate using lemons juice....it makes them too tart.