Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Berry's

So yesterday I took the kiddo's berry picking at one of the many local U-Pick places....
This was our take home..........
I have been wanting for years to make homemade jam's and thought this would be the perfect opportunity to try my hand at it...
1 child to pick out stems.
1 child to measure out the rest of the ingredients
1 child to mash the fruit....
1 mom to make them all leave the super duper small itty bitty kitchen so she could finish least she kill one or more children before it's done......







Turns out I can make some super yummy Blueberry jam, 7 small jars of it :) We will be returning to pick many more Raspberries(tomorrow) because apparently you need LOTS of them to make jam.......
My one question so far is can I just mash up the raspberry's and then force thru a "sifter" to get out a bunch of the seeds?? I don't have one of those presses to do it for me......

2 comments:

K J and the kids said...

VERY impressive.
Looks super yummy.
Raspberry is what we eat at our house. get on that, wouldja. :)

Janet's page said...

I'm on it Karen:) Just purchased a bunch of raspberry's and 4 pounds of cherries, Jam here we come!!!